Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:16:24 -0400
Olgierd Eysymontt <olgierd.eysymontt@multical.cl> wrote:

> I have installed geda 20030901, pcb 1.99o (20030815) and gsch2pcb 0.9
> and 1.0 and I'm unable to make gsch2pcb to work on either versions, if I
> use gsch2pcb I get, independent of including some elements or other
> error messages:
>
> ERROR: Unbound variable: open-output-pipe
> No elements found, so nothing to do.

This was because I had in gnet-gsch2pcb.scm some syntax that was OK
in guile 1.4, but not in guile 1.6.  So I've put up a minor release
revision gsch2pcb 1.0.1 to fix it.  There are no changes to gsch2pcb
itself, only to gnet-gsch2pcb.scm, so you only need 1.0.1 over 1.0
if you have guile 1.6.

Also, the part dealing with transistors in my tutorial

    http://web.wt.net/~billw/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html

was weak so I've added there my guide to coordinating transistor
symbol and element pin numbers.  It should be a bit better.

If anybody downloaded from the tutorial my symbol and element libraries
with the idea of using any of the transistor stuff, it might be
a good idea to start over with the adjustments that are there now.

Bill