Re: gEDA-user: Hierarchy viewer and database proposal

El lun, 20-10-2003 a las 23:17, Bill Cox escribió:

[snip]

>   The
> kinds of tools this would help enable include:
>
> - DRC checking on the netlist, such as floating inputs, shorted outputs,
> or attribute errors

A few months ago I thought geda lacks of a good DRC checker, to check
things like the ones you mention.
Then, I wrote a DRC gnetlist backend, which is now included in gnetlist
distribution as gnet-drc2.scm .
I think it's quite complete, so maybe you want to have a look at it
before writing another one. There's always room for improvement.

There's another DRC gnetlist backend checker (gnet-drc.scm), but it's
fairly incomplete.

Unfortunately, I think people is not using a DRC checker, or they are
using their own scripts for that, because I have no comment or
suggestion about it.

There was one thing pending: the DRC checker wants all parts in the
schematic always having "slot" and "numslots" defined so it could check
for this. There was no decission about this since then. Ales, do you
remember that?

Regards,

Carlos

Únete a los miles de sin pareja en Meetic... ¡te vas a enamorar!
http://www.iespana.es/_reloc/email.meetic