Re: gEDA-user: Spreading out initial PCB parts?

Within PCB, I choose:

Select --> Elements

A red word at the bottom of my PCB session appears stating "pattern"

I reference groups of components by refdes names. In my case if I want to
select all the resistors I press R enter. then I can move the resistors
(all stacked on top of each other) to the side and cleanly sort them out
one at a time with F11 movements.

Its still dragging parts individually, but being able to move out
sections at a time has really saved me a lot of silly organizational
mouse clicks.

The Auto-Place Selected Elements option never works for me, I get a
pointer error. Although I'm still on a older version PCB 1.99j on OS/X.