Re: gEDA-user: Problems running guile

I have been bitten by guile in the past.  gEDA wants to use guile-1.4.x,
and will barf if you have guile-1.6.  The problem is that some of the
system discovery stuff in configure will tell you that you are using 1.4,
but then some other stuff will discover 1.6.  Make sure that the command
"guile-config --version" returns 1.4.

Here is a post I made a couple of months ago after I fixed my guile problems:

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Aug-2003/msg00096.html

It may or may not be relevant to you, but it might help you as you search
around for solutions.

Stuart