gEDA-user: infinitely flickering gtk

Hello

On one computer I experience regularly flickering windows that are locked up in
infinite loop of redrawing after start of gschem. The loop is broken by
clicking into on of the flickering windows. This seems to be related to gtk and
is experienced in at least one another application whose name I don't remember
at the moment.

On another computer with gtk everything works OK for me with the same version
of gschem.

clock@oberon:~$ gtk-config --version
1.2.10
/usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0
/usr/lib/libgtk.la
/usr/lib/libgtk.so
/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.la
/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so
/usr/lib/libgtkxmhtml.so
/usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0.9.1
/usr/lib/libgtk.a
/usr/lib/libgtkgl-2.0.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libgtkgl-2.0.so.1
/usr/lib/libgtkgl-2.0.so
/usr/lib/libgtkgl-2.0.la
/usr/lib/libgtkgl-2.0.a

If I should provide some more info please tell. I don't understand GTK much.