Re: gEDA-user: Outputting negative plane layers from pcb?

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 01:21:43PM -0400, Randall Nortman wrote:
> The PCB fab house I intend to use requires that all ground and power
> planes be printed in negative in the Gerber files.  (See

They basically say "Please make sure your plane layer data are in negative
format". There isn't anything like "negative format" and they don't provide
a pointer to "negative format specification". The paragraph doesn't seem to
make sense for me.

If they state they support Gerber RS274-X, send them Gerber RS274-X. If they
make it wrong, then slap them with the spec:
http://nexp.cs.pdx.edu/twiki-gerber/pub/Gerber/GerberFiles/rs274xrevd_e.pdf

Some PCB manufacturers say they support Gerber RS274-X and actually don't. I've
hit one. I just moved on after learning that :)

Cl<