Re: gEDA-user: footprint at transformer

> > If you mean the transformer is chassis-mounted, or has flying
> > connections, create a footprint that contains the pads the wires
> > connect to.  In PCB you can move the pads about independently, so you
> > can put them where you want them.
>
> But what should I put into the gschem symbol? I don't intend to make a PCB
> for the transformer, but gsymcheck requires one.

You put in the "footprint" for the pads where the transformer connects
to the PCB.  I.e. something with just two or four pads and nothing
else.  Then, you don't have a footprint for the transformer itself,
but you do happen to have the connection points where the transformer
is wired to the board.

I.e. create a footprint with nothing but four pads and call it
"xfmr_pads" and use that in gschem.