Re: gEDA-user: Soldering Chip on Flex?

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:59:35 -0400, Bob Paddock <bpaddock@csonline.net> wrote:

> and the manufacture claims a socket for for it does not exists.

heh. I missed this part :-) (note to self: allow at least two hours
after waking up before composing email)

Judging from the mechanical drawing, it *looks* like there should be a
standard flex socket that would fit that device. It's worth noting
that many connector companies are willing to send samples of several
different part sizes. I don't see the flex circuit thickness on the
PDF file, but maybe that's because I don't want to stare at those
green letters for long...

--
- Charles Lepple