Re: gEDA-user: gschem, nets, and netlists

I think you are right in creating a virtual object with two pins to break your net. PCB will expect a real component for this virtual object. You will need to create a pattern with two overlaping pads. However you can expect PCB to complain about the two nets being shorted together.

Steve Meier

Bert Douglas wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a long net. But some parts of it need to use fat traces. I need to communicate this information to the autorouter somehow.

So I would like to have one gschem net be written to the netlist file as multiple nets with assigned names. Is there a way to do this?

Or alternatively, is there a way to use a virtual, zero-size, two pin component to achieve the same result.

Thanks much,
Bert