Re: gEDA-user: PCB is extremely slow

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 01:34:33PM -0400, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> [snip]
> >My system is an x86_64 (Athlon64 3000) with 1GB SDRAM running
> >up-to-date Gentoo in 64-bit mode and xfce4/xfwm4.  One thing just
> >occurred to me -- I run both gschem and acroread under a 32-bit chroot
> >environment, since I can't get them to run in 64-bit mode.  This could
> >have something to do with my problem.
>
> 	I'm curious, why doesn't gschem run in 64-bit mode?

Actually, with gschem the problem is that it won't compile in 64-bit
mode, at least not with Gentoo's packaging of it (and the rest of
gEDA), at least not last time I tried.  It might be worth trying
again, or trying to compile the distribution directly myself, rather
than using Gentoo's scripts.  Apparently others have done so.