Re: gEDA-user: Flex Circuits?

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 09:58:55PM -0400, Bob Paddock wrote:
> On Friday 14 October 2005 08:21 pm, Stephen Meier wrote:
>
> > Do you want flex just for being light weight? Are you thinking that just
> > a thin board is lighter or are you trying to eliminate connectors?
>
> Connectors equal weight.  I'm not at all sure Flex is the way to go here
> because of the voltages involved.  Are there other no wight alternatives?

Airwire - weight of the board is zero. Take SMD components and solder
them together using airwire construction like this:
http://images.twibright.com/tns/f73.html

You can throw away the shielding box and use thin wires as you are not
high-frequency high-sensitivity broadband. And SMD instead of TMD save
weight.

CL<