Re: gEDA-user: Cheap 4 layer manufacturer?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, [ISO-8859-2] Kovács Levente wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:45:30 -0500
> Darrell Harmon <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Toaster Reflow oven for the first few. I plan to see how it
> > goes. If it works well, I will continue that way, if it does
> > not I will pay somebody.
>
> I want to do the same. Do you have details about this technology? I've
> already bought a toaster for this. The question is what kind of sensor
> to use. I have some resistive sensor which has the max temperature
> approx. 300deg. I hope it'll be okay.

I think I saw this at PCBexpress.com.  They sell a stick of an indicator
compound for doing this.  You nick off a chip of this and put it near the
middle of the board.  Watch the board as it's in the oven.  When the chip
melts, turn off the oven.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx