Re: gEDA-user: geda-20050313 will not compile (newbie glib/gtk problem?)

On 10/27/05, Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@xxxxxxxx > wrote:
Hi,

[snip]
>Hello, I have been trying to build geda-20050313 from source, and I believe
>I have all dependencies installed. When I run ./configure I get the
>following:
>
>[snip]
>** Configuration summary for geda 20050313:
>
>GLIB library version: 2.4.8
>GTK+ library version: 2.6.4

        This mismatch is probably not a good idea.  What version of
glib-devel and gtk-devel (or relatedly named packages) do you have installed?
How did you install these packages?

Synaptic Package Manager reports:
libglib2.0-dev 2.6.3-1
libgtk2.0-dev 2.6.4-0ubuntu4

>However, I am using the Ubuntu distribution, and according to Synaptic
>Package Manager the installed version of libglib2.0-0 is 2.6.3-1. Here is
>the error I get when running "make install":

        Ah, what version of libglib2.0-dev do you have installed?

2.6.3-1

(but I think I compiled 2.4.8 before I reinstalled this one)

> PS. if you can, please turn off your HTML formatted e-mail when posting to
   these lists, since some of us are e-mail client curmudgeons.  Thanks.

sorry, I have it set to send in text so please let me know if it's still html

Thanks,
Alex