Re: gEDA-user: fpga

there are  very good tools pertaining this task.
i use dayly this great software:

- Emacs + vhdl mode + speedbar ( as editor and code browser); [GPL]
- ghdl as vhdl simulator; (Great!!) [GPL]
- gtkwave as wave viewer; [GPL]
- xilinx ise webpack as synthesys , place an route an porgramming tools [free]

you have to spend a week reading documentation but at the end you'll have a complete FPGA devel system running over linux

PS: recently i got sucess in post synthesys simulation using ghdl!

Kovács Levente ha scritto:
Hey all,

Can someone point me some article about FPGA programming on Linux. I
mean... from design to uploading the code to the FPGA. What tools are
available... etc. I'm pretty new to FPGA... I spent half a day
googleing without any succes.

Thanx. Levente

--
Antonio Bergnoli