Re: gEDA-user: gEDA DLL hell

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 08:05:57AM -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > > As an aside, mixing and matching different versions of gEDA/gaf components
> > > will never work.
> >
> > But what should user do when he has an old version of gEDA and needs
> > a new one? Erase the disk and reinstall the operating system completely?
>
> One problem with unix is that software installation/removal wasn't
> architected into it from the get-go.  The GNU "configure && make &&
> make install" dance really helps with installation, but deinstallation
> remains a problem.

Then please solve the problem and write to the geda.seul.org what the
user should do to
1) install gEDA
2) uninstall gEDA
3) reinstall gEDA

If you leave solving development problems to user, they won't be able
to use gEDA, which is exactly what I observe on
Ronja.

The development of Ronja RX printed board is stalling, because I don't have
time and friend wants to do it, but he is unable to reinstall gEDA on
his machine.

CL<