Re: gEDA-user: How to trigger recalculation of a polygon?

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 02:30:28PM +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Background: The polygons of a medium sized analog pcb make zooming and
> panning a bit slow. Also, start-up is delayed by half a minute.

I have noticed this too.  It's really obnoxious.

> I work
> around this by moving the polygons to their own layer group and switch
> them off.

Most of my polygons are on ground and power planes, which I can leave
non-displayed most of the time.  It would be nice if the layer visibility
flags were saved in the file.

Of course, it would be better still if the code ran faster.
I've been tempted to fire up a profiler and see where those
bajillion CPU cycles are used.

   - Larry