Re: gEDA-user: PCB paste layer, revisited.

> > My current workflow is ps -> dxf via converter.

Then ps-bloat will work for you.

> >> That's why multi-pins have paste and mask specified separately from
> >> copper, for each layer.
> >
> > So how would all that be specified in the footprint?

There's nothing in there yet - at all.

But I'm thinking a whole new syntax for the new item:

    MultiPin ( ... )

It will have to be structured, like a resource file (or perhaps we
switch to that, which would make things easier) because each layer is
built, like Elements are built from lines, arcs, pads, and pins.
There are a lot of things you *can* put in, but you won't always put
them *all* in, and each layer (copper, paste, etc) can be described in
terms of many shapes, like circles, arcs, polygons, lines, anti-lines,
etc.

Example syntax:

Element [] (

    MultiPin (
      Name("foo");
      Number(45);
      Layer("topcopper") (
        ElementLine [];
        ElementLine [];
        ElementLine [];
        ElementLine [];
        ElementArc [];
	Polygon [ ... ]
      )
      Layer("plateddrill") (
        Drill [];
      )
      Layer("paste") (
        Polygon [ ... ];
      )
    )

)

But that's just scribbles off the top of my head.

I'm also thinking we'd need to support a "common" pin definition
somehow, so we can instantiate N pins without describing all N of
them:

	MultiPinDup ("foo" 4500 1500);

Then, I'm thinking we use the same syntax at the element level to add
copper, mask, anti-mask, silk, keepouts, etc - to the element itself.