gEDA-user: convert to elements

This is the first in a series of issues I stumbled upon with pcb snapshot
20070912. Most of them have been present before, some may be new.

I like to create my footprints with pcb. Consequently, I'd like to access
each and every feature through the GUI. There are some more complex
details that just don't work as expected:

* Non-plated-holes don't convert to element.

* Why does convert-to-element require at least one pin or pad? I like to
use non pad footprints for mechanical and graphical purposes.

* Convert to elements should issue a warning if the selection or buffer
includes tracks that will not be included because they do not sit on
proper layer groups.

You are surely aware of the general problem. Let me mention it again, as
it realy bugs me. The necessity to break elements into pieces for every
simple edit is a pain. In particular, square flags and pin names have to
be redone every for each and every conversion to elements. Feature
request: A mode to 'descend' into an element and edit its constituents.
Maybe just like you can go down-symbol in gschem.

 ---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211