Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:23:46 +0100
From: Richard Rasker <rasker@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: gEDA-user: Gspiceui build trouble
To: geda-user@xxxxxxxx

Hello all,

I downloaded the latest gEDA ISO image (geda-install-20070221a.iso),
mounted it loopback and installed it almost completely error-free.

The "almost" refers to building gspiceui. I made several attempts, but
they all fail at the same point.

Relevant information:

- My system: Mandriva 2007.1, with a default installed version
   libwxgtk2.6-2.6.3-8mdv

- I downloaded and installed wxGTK-2.6.3 as per the instructions in the
   INSTALL file supplied with the gspiceui source code.

- I get a huge amount of "undefined reference to wx..." messages
   immediately after the make command, ending in an "error 2" message
   (see below).

There appears to be a problem with wxGTK, but what exactly goes wrong?
Does anyone know why even the exact recommended install of wxGTK-2.6.3
doesn't work? Or what I can do to fix this? It's a bit frustrating, as
it's the only thing I can't get to install properly no matter what --
all the rest works like a charm.

(And if anyone knows of another reliable GUI circuit simulation
application -- audio filters mostly -- it's much appreciated as
well ...)

Thanks in advance,

Richard Rasker