Re: gEDA-user: )(

Ineiev <ineiev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wonder if I may ask to keep GL code optional. most my machines have
> no GL-enabled hardware; and on the computer that has GL support, it is
> so weak that PCB+GL is quite unusable with any non-trivial board ---
> much worse than traditional PCB . sorry.

I second that!  I don't use single-user personal computers, instead I
run applications like PCB on a multiuser timesharing host (a machine in
a machine room with no humans present nearby) and direct the X11 DISPLAY
to a traditional 1980s-style Ethernet-attached X11 terminal, so I want a
PCB HID that works in the traditional 1980s X11 way.  I would run the
original Xaw PCB if I could, but I need to be able to open current .pcb
files.

MS