gEDA-user: gEDA 1.6: Best way to suppress build of docs and examples?

For Gentoo we try to give users the freedom to suppress installation of
documentation and examples.

Up to 1.4.3 this was easy -- just do not install the docs and examples
packages.

For 1.6 we seem to have still --disable-gattrib, but currently I am not
sure which is the best way to suppress docs and examples (I have seen
that for gschem 1.5.4 a copy of full online documentation was
installed.)

Gentoo installs in a sandbox before copying to the live file system, so
I may try to remove these subdirectories from sandbox.

Cd into source subdirectories and calling make from there may work, but
this makes the ebuild script more complicated. And I think it will
destroy parallel build.

Patching the makefiles may be the best solution?

For docs we have --docdir=DIR, so --docdir=/dev/null may work?

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Stefan Salewski