Re: gEDA-user: User library

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 02:59:13 +0200
From: Stefan Salewski <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gEDA-user: User library

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 19:18 -0400, Vincent Onelli wrote:

> I apologies for my ignorance, I am not sure that I enter the info
> correctly. Here what I did: File -> Preference -> Library, then
entered
> ~/geda/pcb-elements, which is my footprint directory but nothing has
> changed anywhere. I also fallowed the example given in the preference
->
> library, no change ether. what am I doing wrong?
> Vinny

>From PCB library dialog:

Elements should be organized into subdirectories...

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Sep-2009/msg00167.html

>After using the "Files/Preferences/Library" dialog, you should create
>one or more sub-directories under /home/comp/pwb_footprints and place
>your footprints in them. On the footprint selection dialog, the
>sub-directories should be visible on the left pane, with the
>corresponding footprints on the right pane.

>Cesar

So give "~/geda/pcb-elements" and put your footprints in subdirectories
inside of this directory. Or try "~/geda", so that pcb-elements is one
of your subdirectories.

I finally got it to work, this help me a great deal. thank you so very
much.  Vinny