gEDA-user: finished hole size vs drill size

when asked, PCBfabexpress says they expect the holes in a pcb to be
spec'd as finished size.  So I am a little confused.  The gerber drill
file contains the drill sizes, right?  So I went out of my way to be
certain that the through holes matched up with real drill sizes (got
those drill sizes from the pcb manual).  Not too long ago, I posted a
question regarding finished hole size after plating - which led me to
choose a drill size a little bit larger to allow for the after plating
hole size.  Seems like I was wrong - at least according to
pcbfabexpress.  So does that mean the drill chart gets interpreted as
finished hole size?  This makes life easier, if you ask me - once you
get past the confusion.  If most pcb fab houses use this convention,
maybe the wiki/faq/manual is worth updating with this tidbit.

gene