Re: gEDA-user: new footprint guidelines

Steven Michalske wrote:
As you guys continue to debate this...  Look at how pcb makes the xyrs data files. You'll findout that it generates it from the pcb file not the library.  It takes the center of the part from the pins and pads.  Then it puts pin 1 somewhere consistent.  See the source for details.
Thank you - finding out this information is what I meant with
"I'll have to read, how the footprint coordinates
and placement in the board influence the actual values".

It would be interesting, whether a "mark" statement in the footprint is ignored
as well and how the rotation is computed - can you hint me to the relevant
source files please?