gEDA-user: Devcon Lab A31L: Open Hardware with Open Tools

At the recent Renesas Developers Conference, engineers from around the
world had an opportunity to experience "a day in the life" of an EDA
engineer using nothing but open source software, including gEDA/PCB.
A total of around 60 people attended my two lab sessions and, using a
demo board they got in their swag, went through the steps of modifying
a schematic, laying out the changes to the pcb, and writing firmware
to demo the new circuits.

If you're interested in seeing what they went through, I put the lab
online.  Of course, without the board you can't do the very last step,
but the EDA parts of it can be done with a standard (PCB 2010 release)
gEDA/PCB setup:

The lab:
  http://www.delorie.com/electronics/rulz/A31L.html

The board: