Re: gEDA-user: Line widths in gschem output

Ales Hvezda wrote:
> 2. After repeating the same operation 'ew' many times I try to print
> the result, but .ps output did not accept really thin lines. Why?
> What does actually mean the nuber in Edit/Line Width and Type menu?
> Is it width in mm, pts?
>
> [ The units are in mils and requires whole numbers (no fractional mils
>   allowed).  What do you mean by "really thin lines"? -Ales]

I did create simple schematics with lines and nets of different widths
(see <A HREF="http://www.matusko.sk/gEDA/lines.sch";>lines.sch</A>),
after printing it, I see, that lines are perfectly scaleable, but nets
remains of the same width (cca 10 mils), independently of its actual settings.
Why?

My idea is, that all kinds of elements should have the simillar record in
gschem-gschemrc  like for colors:

(pin-width 20 10 30)  ; 20 mils for screen, 10 mils for .ps and 30 mils for .png
(netwidth 20 40 50) ...etc.

This should be valid for all elements with width=0 (default). When user wishes
to change it, this will override default setings from gschem-gschemrc.

Sincerely,
		Richard Balogh