gEDA-user: gnetlist under windows

I've just installed the 20020527 mingw binary (I know it's old, but my
customer don't know better than to run windows) and I couldn't generate
a bom from a simple schematic.

I just had 2 simple symbols that I got a Uref and device ID in a
schematic that I tried to make a bom from. But gnetlist said something
about "Trying to add non-text to an attribute" or something and I got a
0-byte file as a result (I don't have the schematic or the output for
the moment).

I tried converting the .sch and attribs file to unix text file format
but I still got the same error.

Anyone who have any idea how to solve this, despite the rather vague
description?

Regards,
Thomas