Re: gEDA-user: Re: Soldering irons

> What is the oven controller good for?

Furnace controller.  It controls the heat and A/C throughout the
house.  Running central air on tilt switches is a fast path to a blown
compressor (I'm on my second, but this one has a 10 minute delay on
it, which is inefficient).  Plus my existing thermostats have a
hysteresis feature that works well in heating season, but it's
backwards in cooling season - the A/C stays on for only a few seconds
sometimes.  Plus, it runs the A/C even when it's cold outside.

All in all, I needed something smarter.  The main board replaces the
relay board in the furnace, the little boards will go into new
thermostats, and I have a small PC that will connect to it all and
control it.