Re: gEDA-user: Two questions about pcb.

1. If you want to make a component that has a mounting
hole you would set bit 3 of the Flags parameter.

  Pin = Pin(X Y Thickness DrillingHole Name PinNumber
Flags)

  bit 3:  set if pin is only a mounting hole (no
copper annulus)

The package that follows if for an AC Inlet Digikey
part Q218-ND (which contains two mounting holes)

Element(0x0 "AC-inlet" "" "" -1011 -773 0 100 0x0)
(
   Pin(-275 0 100 79 "" "1" 0x01)
   Pin(0 0 100 79 "" "2" 0x01)
   Pin(275 0 100 79 "" "3" 0x01)
   Pin(-777 -287 100 79 "" "4" 0x09)
   Pin(777 -287 100 79 "" "5" 0x09)
   ElementLine(0 78 -537 78 10)
   ElementLine(-537 78 -986 -196 10)
   ElementLine(-986 -196 -986 -629 10)
   ElementLine(-986 -629 986 -629 10)
   ElementLine(986 -629 986 -196 10)
   ElementLine(986 -196 537 78 10)
   ElementLine(537 78 0 78 10)
   ElementLine(-600 -629 -600 -688 10)
   ElementLine(-600 -688 600 -688 10)
   ElementLine(600 -688 600 -629 10)
   ElementLine(19 196 -19 196 10)
   ElementLine(-19 196 -19 118 10)
   ElementLine(-19 118 19 118 10)
   ElementLine(9 157 -17 157 10)
   ElementLine(-255 118 -255 196 10)
   ElementLine(-255 196 -295 118 10)
   ElementLine(-295 118 -295 196 10)
   ElementLine(255 118 255 196 10)
   ElementLine(255 196 295 196 10)
   Mark(0 0)
)

2. This may be specific to your board vendor. I use
PCB Express and they require a 1 mil
trace around the perimeter of the board.

(* jcl *)

http://rocky.digikey.com/scripts/ProductInfo.dll?Site=US&V=102&M=SJ-3524NG

http://mlug.missouri.edu/~markrages/software/pstoedit_additions/tux.pcb.gz