gEDA-user: Announcing a new annoucement mailing list: geda-announce

Hi All,

In a continued effort to provide useful infrastructure to the gEDA
community and to minimize multi-posting (which I am now violating),
I have created a new gEDA list: gEDA Announce.

This list is for all gEDA related (or free software/hardware related EDA)
announcements.  This new list uses mailman as the mailing list software.
Right now anybody can post (which I like), but if the list starts to be
overrun by non-announcements, I will restrict who can post at that time.

To subscribe/unsubscribe from geda-announce, please visit the self service
webpage at:

For more information on the other gEDA mailing lists, please visit:

This is my first time configuring mailman, so please report all breakage
to me.  Thanks.

Enjoy,

     -Ales

PS. The existing gEDA lists use majordomo, which I would like to
    migrate away from at some point.  I haven't decided how I'm going
    to do this migration.  The options are:

        1. Just create N new lists with nobody subscribed and then
           those wishing to keep getting gEDA* mail can resubscribe
           themselves.

        2. Migrate the entire subscription database over to mailman.  Not
           sure how much pain this will cause later down the road when
           people want to unsubscribe.

    Comments?