gEDA-user: Special gEDA/Free Dog Gathering at ESC -- Wed, Sept 14th

--------------   Free Dog Gathering Announcement ----------------

This September brings the Embedded Systems Conference to Boston.
Therefore, we have decided to move the meeting time and date to
accomodate any out-of-towners visiting the ESC who might want to join
fellow gEDA-users for an evening of conversation and comparing notes
about open-source CAD applications!

This special meeting will occur on Wednesday, September 14th at the
Trident Bookstore/Cafe at  338 Newbury St.  The cafe is located about
one block from the Hynes Convention Center's entrance doors on
Boylston St.  Here's a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=338+Newbury+Street,+boston+MA&spn=0.022930,0.040443&hl=en

(Don't worry that the Massachusetts Turnpike seems to run right by the
Cafe!  The highway is buried underground at that point.)

The meeting will be an opportunity to meet and build community.  Bring
your laptop!  Some possible items for the agenda are:

*  Projects done with gEDA -- show and tell.  Bring your favorite
   finished board and show it off!
*  What's the most complex project you've completed using gEDA?  Show
   off your design!
*  What's going on at the ESC?  Where could open-source EDA
   applications fine use amongst the participants at the conference?
*  Choose your favorite open-source app.  What features don't work
   well?  What features still need implementation?
*  I will bring the latest gEDA Install CDs for give-away.

Free Dog is an association of like-minded hackers and engineers
interested in free and open EDA tools. We hold monthly meetings near
MIT (and other locations around Boston) featuring informal networking,
speakers, and  camaraderie. Our goals are to learn more about CAD,
engineering and scientific software, share ideas about our current
projects, and -- most importantly -- have fun with like-minded
people. We welcome new members and participants of all ages.  Students
are particularly welcome!