gEDA-user: another plating alternative

I came up with this alternative to immersion plating of PCBs, which is a
sort of sloppy imitation of HASL.  Take a decent-sized soldering iron,
ideally a 100-watt soldering gun.  Crimp onto the tip a fine and broad
steel or phosphor-bronze brush.  Allow the gun to heat up, then generously
tin the brush.  Briskly brush this contraption over your etched PCB.
Might this work acceptably or should I just break down and get some
chemicals?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx