Re: gEDA-user: Usability issues of gEDA + PCB

[snip]
>1) Merge PCB into gEDA so it gets installed all at once. If installing
>   PCB is an issue, add --disable-pcb into ./configure

	Stuart's cd has already been mentioned. :)

>2) Make the install process one ./configure && make && make install if
>   possible. Installing gEDA fresh always takes me like 1-2 days because
>   it's like 20 libraries where you have to guess the versions correctly
>   and if you fail, you have to retry etc.

	Do you want this install to also build gtk+ and all the
required libraries?  That would be a huge undertaking.

>3) Make a gEDA install guide for trained monkeys, so they don't have to
>   spend 2 hours figuring out what combinations of libraries they should
>   download, and then it won't work for them anyway, because it's
>   PITA to install gtk 2.2 in debian

	Huh?  Isn't it just a simple matter of running:

	apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev

[snip PCB issues]
>7) Make gEDA and PCB stop complaining 100 error messages every time the
>   version changes slightly. It's like Microsoft Word - even two
>   neighbour versions are mutually incompatible.

	You wouldn't by chance have a sample of these 100 error messages.
I'll look into this.

								-Ales