Re: gEDA-user: Installing gEDA from 20050820 Suite CD on Fedora

(about GTKWave):

> The most up to date I've found is at:
>
> HTTP://home.nc.rr.com/gtkwave/
>
> which is Tony Bybells website.
>
> This is the link from the official gEDA page. The version there is
> 1.3.70. This is the version I'm checking for type casting and so forth.
> It appears it was released on 08-26-2005 looking at the time stamps
> on the files - There is no changelog...
>
> The upside is that is already compiles under AIX on a PPC, so the
> work is probably minimal.
>
> Incidentally, Tony Bybell says that he is continuing development of
> gtkwave 1.3.X - It's not orphaned.

Good news!  That means that GTKWave will soon work with gcc-4.x.  I'll
stop my bleating.

> > That's my $0.02.  Marvin, do you want to contact Tony, or shall I?
> > Either way is fine with me.
>
> Why don't we wait until tonight and see how it behaves with gccR4?
> If it passes muster with GCC4, I'll move on to another package. Perhaps
> one that is orphaned would be best. Any suggestions?

If GTKWave compiles with gcc-4.x, then that's great!  I will stop
worrying about it.  The remaining apps which fail for gcc-4.x are:
Icarus Verilog, gerbv, and GSpiceUI.  Steve says that Icarus Verilog's
main branch works with gcc, and the other two are actively maintained,
so we should be fine.   If you feel like hacking on either and
submitting patches to the owners, then please do so!   Otherwise, I'll
wait for the package owners to do their thing & fix the packages.

Stuart