Re: gEDA-user: Popping up windows when gschem is compiling

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 01:06:06PM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On 9/28/05, Karel Kulhavy <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > gschem is being massively called and each call of gschem causes window
> > to pop up over my work when I try to do something else while compiling
> > Ronja in background.
> >
> > Can this be fixed somehow?
>
> a short-term solution might be to use xvfb-run:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/x11/xvfb

Can't all the X requests in the gschem be intercepted at some point in
the program and just thrown away?

sodipodi has such an option
       -z, --without-gui
                     Do not use GUI. NB! if exist, should be FIRST
		     argument!

And I am using sodipodi in makefiles to convert Sodipodi SVG into PS and
it runs fine with this option.

CL<