Re: gEDA-user: Polygon over polygon pour

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 06:17:53AM +0100, ST de Feber wrote:

> I'd like to pour a polygon over a smaller polygon and
> want the smaller one to be cleared through like lines
> can do with the <J> toggle !
>
> Is that possible ?

Looking at the source, I'd say no.  There's no "plow" code for polygons,
so a poly would never be removed from another poly.  If you draw a line
in the shape of a box around the area, it will clear out the area.  Beware
that when you orphan areas of a polygon like that, the largest remaining
area is the one that survives.  You can get odd effects when a large
portion of your polygon is hidden (eg you add a component to the surviving
side and it shrinks enough that another island becomes dominant).

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>