gEDA-user: gEDA 1.2.0 on MacOSX

Charles hasn't made Fink packages for 1.2.0 yet, so I did a source
install, using the tarballs and the toplevel makefile. There are only
a few problems.

1. Guile

Fink installs different versions of guile under different names. I
guess this is because of the lack of either backward or forward
compatibility, so different packages have different dependencies. The
result is that you must tell the configure scripts where to find
guile. The following works on my system:

setenv GUILE /sw/bin/guile-1.8
setenv GUILE_CONFIG /sw/share/guile/1.8/scripts/binoverride/guile-config

Do this before "make install". If you have 1.6, I guess the obvious
changes would work.

2. Gattrib

The gattrib build bombs with:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_world_get_object_list_bounds

I don't use gattrib much, so I just completed the rest of the builds
with:

make gsymcheck_install utils_install docs_install examples_install

I've been using gschem and gnetlist this evening productively without
encountering any other problems. Seems like it's almost ready for OSX
even without Charles' massaging.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx