Re: gEDA-user: gschem snap parameters?

Hi Duncan,

On Mittwoch, 23. September 2009, Duncan Drennan wrote:
> > ---------
> > /* define how far the cursor could be to activate magnetic */
> > #define MAGNETIC_PIN_REACH 50
> > #define MAGNETIC_NET_REACH 20
> > #define MAGNETIC_BUS_REACH 30
>
> What do the values actually mean? Is it 50 grid units, 50 pixels, 50
> what?

Pixels.

> I've also experience some frustration with this feature, mainly when
> I want to route a net and one of the vertexes happens to be close to
> a "magnetic" point. Zooming in seems to help avoid the problem.

Yes, when you zoom in you spread away the possible connection points.

You can temporarly disable the magnetic net with the CTRL key.
I guess that's what you need.

And finally, you can easily switch the magnetic net feature ON/OFF in
the options menu. (Toggle Magnetic Net / om)

HTH, Regards
Werner