Re: gEDA-user: Rule-based assignment of default attributes

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Cesar Strauss <cestrauss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just thought about a way to have defaults for footprint assignments
> and such, while keeping it easy to change them project-wide, and at
> the same time keeping local customizations..
>
> How about having a text file, with rules like:
>
> match device=RESISTOR
> assign footprint=1206...

> I do mean to code it myself if nobody else does. Just don't hold your
> breath (I've been meaning to add tabbed pages to gschem since 2006,
> and I didn't even get around to start coding).

There are some new parsers in the Boost Library, http://www.boost.org
, that should be able to do that kind of text processing fairly
easily.
Actually you might be able to do it with the default Wave preprocessor
with no coding at all, maybe...