Re: gEDA-user: Testing gEDA 1.5.4 for Gentoo-Linux

On Tuesday 29 September 2009 22:28:33 Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 22:00 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have started writing an ebuild (install script) for Gentoo Linux for
> > the upcoming gEDA 1.6.
>
> In build.log we have
>
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
>
> In
> http://geda.seul.org/devel/v1.5/1.5.4/gEDA-gaf-1.5.4-releasenotes.html
>
> we have
>
> pkg-config ≥ 0.15.0
>
> Which is correct?

The test depends on the version of pkgconfig.m4 you have installed on your
system. Yes, the website recommends >= 0.15.0 (but in README I just said "you
need pkg-config" without specifying a version). Peter C or Ales might be able
to shed light on where that version number came from.

                                        Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remote Sensing Research Group