Re: gEDA-user: Color PS output

On Wednesday 30 September 2009 16:37:52 evan foss wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to generate color Postscript output in both
> 1.5.2.20090328 and 1.5.4.20090830 and found that it won't work. Is
> anyone else having this problem? My gschemrc file has
>
> (output-color "enabled")      ; for color postscript output
> (image-color "enabled")       ; for color PNG output (enabled by default)
>
> copied from the wiki. Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong
>  here?

As noted in the NEWS file (under 1.5.2 changes):

* Major, *backwards-incompatible* changes to color handling in
  `libgeda' and `gschem'.

  - All colors are specified using hexadecimal `#RRGGBB' or
    `#RRGGBBAA' syntax.

  - The print and display color maps are now separate.

  - A new Scheme syntax is used to inspect and modify color maps.

  - If you wish to use a light background in `gschem', add the line:

      (load (build-path geda-rc-path "gschem-colormap-lightbg"))

    to your personal or project gschemrc file.

Changing the display colour map *intentionally* doesn't change the print
colour map (so you can optimise the colours for each). Unfortunately, PNG
output still uses the display colour map (this is due to the way PNG output is
implemented).

To change the colours printed, you should edit (or copy and edit) the 'print-
colormap-lightbg' file, and then edit your gafrc file to load it.  Look in the
'system-gafrc' to see how to do that.

It should still be possible to swap between colour and B&W printing using the
same mechanisms as before 1.5.2.  If this is broken, please file a bug report,
including the gschemrc & gafrc files you used.

Thanks,

                                          Peter

--
Peter Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>