Re: gEDA-user: pcb gtk: Toggle buttons for route styles?

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 02:32:44AM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> I don't know, but my personal feeling is that toggle buttons are a PITA,
> and they don't look that natural in this application. Pretty much for
> the same reason as we didn't like them in the layer selector - which
> you've just done a great job of re-writing ;).
>
> Perhaps I'm just used to the old way, so am resistant to change.

My true motivation here is that gtk 2's radio button handling is crap.
I would like to use GtkRadioAction to handle the just-one-thing-selected
logic, but I can't link radio buttons to radio actions. In fact, I
can't really link radio buttons to anything.

As it happens, the toggle buttons work fine in this respect.

From a UI perspective, I prefer the radio buttons. But I figured I'd
cheat and try to get popular support for the easy thing, first. Looks
like that's not gonna happen. Oh well.

> Throwing out a crazy idea.. in word-processors etc.., "styles" are found
> in a drop-down combo-box. I know that doesn't fit so well with where we
> have space for the route-style selector, but just a crazy though.

One day, when we support an unlimited number of route styles. ;)

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net

"Do whatever you want. Do what you think is important.
 Everybody is an individual."  --Ron Paul