Re: gEDA-user: cygwin geda tools

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:36:25 +0100
"BAXENDALE P.R." <peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Don't forget that you need to distribute the geda and cygwin
> > sources with your binaries.  Yes, it's a pain, but yes, you
> > have to do it.
>
> The gEDA sources are in the zip, but I forgot about the cygwin
> ones. I'll take a look at how much time it would take to include
> them, otherwise I'll take it off the server again.

You don't have to put the sources in the same ZIP file as the
binary, do you?  You can provide a source archive in the same
download directory, right next to the binary download.  It would
probably be preferable both for you from a bandwidth standpoint and
for the users from a download time standpoint to provide sources in
a separate archive. Most users won't download the source.

Regards,
Colin