Re: [gftp] Not seeing all files and directories in gftp 2.0.17

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 06:11:59PM +0200, Mats Dufberg wrote:
> I've installed gftp 2.0.17 on FreeBSD 5.2.1. When I connect with sftp
> (ssh) to remote host, only older files and directories are shown in the
> file list. It is, however, possible to open directories now shown if
> written into the path.
>
> When I looked into the mail archive of March it is reported and confirmed
> of being an error of 2.0.15 and 2.0.16. Does the error remain? Is there a
> solution to it? Or is this another problem/bug?
>
> Can anyone confirm the same problem as I have?

As far as I know, the problem that was in 2.0.15/2.0.16 has been fixed. It was
triggered when you have a symlink that points to a non-existent file. Does gftp
do this will all directories on your machine or just a few? After you connect to
the FTP server and you have an incomplete directory listing, pull up a terminal
window while gftp is running and edit the ~/.gftp/cache/index.db and there will
be one line for each site that you connected to this session. At the end of the
line there will be a cache.XXXXXX file. Look in this file and confirm that the
files are not being shown there. Also, are you getting any warning messages
about not being able to parse some directory entries in the log window?

Brian