Re: [gftp] compile fail on Sparc Solaris 8 machine

>Thanks for the info., I think I am almost there.
>I did download the readline and installed, but now I am getting the
>following error when compile gftp.   Any ideas?
>
>gcc  -g -O2  -o gftp-text  gftp-text.o ../../lib/libgftp.a
>-L/usr/local/lib -lglib -lsocket -lnsl -lm -lreadline -lcurses
>Undefined                       first referenced
> symbol                             in file
>libintl_gettext                     gftp-text.o
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to gftp-text
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm guessing that it's looking for the gettext package
(ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext/).  You should check the output of the configure
program to see what it says when it looks for anything with 'gettext'.

                                                Adam
--
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation       Email: adam@scan.mc.xerox.com

Disclaimer: All views expressed