[gftp] Segmentation fault on IPv6 with ftp

I have 2 systems running Centos 5.2. Both have global IPv6 addresses; neither have IPv4 addresses on eth0.

The server has VSFTP 2.0.5-12

The client has gftp 2.0.18-3.2.2

I have configured vsftp to only listen on IPv6

The server's IPv6 address is in /etc/hosts on the client system.

gftp has no trouble connecting to the vsftpd server and doing a directory listing. But any attempt to put or get results in gftp crashing with a 'segmentation fault' (seen if I launch gftp from a terminal window).

Very frustrating.   Can I get some help fixing this?