[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[gftp] perm. bug: can't view -rw-r--r-- file?
- To: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: [gftp] perm. bug: can't view -rw-r--r-- file?
- From: Anthony DiSante <orders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:50:36 -0500
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:52:14 -0500
- Reply-to: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 (X11/20041103)
I'm getting "Permission denied" when trying to view a remote file whose
permissions are world-readable (-rw-r--r--). This actually happens with a
few files, not just one. But other files in the same remote dir with the
same perms don't have this problem. The only difference is that the
un-viewable files are owned by 33/33 while the viewable files are owned by
1001/1001. But that shouldn't affect whether I can view the files, should it?
Here's the log output:
195: Open /var/www/foo/cgi-bin/bar/baz/whatever.css.snapshot
195: Permission denied
I'm running 2.0.18 and connecting with SSH2, and when I open an xterm and
use scp to manually copy the file -- with the same user/pass as in gFTP --
it works fine.