[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[gftp] gftp bug report(category enhancment)
- To: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: [gftp] gftp bug report(category enhancment)
- From: John <masterjediyoda@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:32:33 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:32:44 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=GHaYyfe2wTiw9XU8faV2XFDUFhzaRP3zAI5+aZy1OOTLrTWzLWCx42IKvuPGcRQr0agEBB+4JmYPXFEzvYUvGiKN+48trefW+WfDLodZxBiWfKDmvyaH4u4+WKTGWDPqDjlM5dgC5hz+NhABcwNzxdD3yQLsCxx+Q+lQYr+THlU=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-gftp-users@xxxxxxxx
I filed a bug report some time ago here: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=344961
This bug report is a request for a protocol extension called PRET. Information on PRET can be found here:
You can also read my bug report.
I want to attempt to patch gftp myself with this PRET protocol extensions.
The ftp clients pftp and lftp(both command line) have the PRET extension built in. (PRET pftp patch found here:
) And they can connect to and interact properly with distributed ftp clients; like drftpd/glftpd. gftp lacks this feature. I've never programmed before..short of small short bash scripts for things I do with my GNU / Linux Debian sid laptop. So I was hoping someone here on the list could point me to which file I would need to edit to patch gftp. And maybe which line(s) to edit also if said person is feeling generous.
Thanks a lot for your help if someone replies. I wanted to use gftp; but I can't connect to the main ftp server I use(drftpd). So I was going to patch it(if I can?); But I don't know which file/lines.
P.S. Here is a url with a list of ftp clients that support PRET :