Re: [gftp] The problem about charset conv have been slove~

Hello Dung-Bang

Thank you for trying to help but we are no further ahead.

Here is the log including an attempt to log onto SuSE using the bookmark
facility.

Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Add Bookmark: Please hit the stop button first to do anything else
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
OpenURL: Please hit the stop button first to do anything else
Operation canceled
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
OpenURL: Please hit the stop button first to do anything else
Operation canceled
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Run Bookmark: Please hit the stop button first to do anything else
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Run Bookmark: Please hit the stop button first to do anything else
Operation canceled
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site ftp.mozilla.org
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Connect: Please hit the stop button first to do anything else
Run Bookmark: Please hit the stop button first to do anything else
Operation canceled
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site ftp.suse.com
Disconnecting from site www.gftp.org
[...]
Viewing file /tmp/gftp-view.XXXXRSXDhW
Successfully removed /tmp/gftp-view.XXXXRSXDhW
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Waiting 30 seconds until trying to connect again
Looking up 202.49.69.197
Trying web16.plain.co.nz:21
Connected to 202.49.69.197:21
220 ProFTPD 1.2.4 Server ready.
Disconnecting from site 202.49.69.197
Successfully wrote the log file to /home/john/Data/gftp.log

?????

Maybe something in my set up is wrong. Some tiny thing.

My system doesn't lock onto the remote site at all. Logs on, and
disconnects itself.

Dung-Bang, you use the word "Tommy" in your web site URL, so I was
guessing that you had chosen "Tommy" as a western style name for
yourself.

OK so we have not solved the problem. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

I've learn a lot on this exercise. I've tried about 10 FTP programs none
of which work. GLIBC problems with some. I don't have 3. ???

One program has it's own library file, the program seems OK but it won't
work properly without the library file and the link to that is broken.

Installed a Java version. Slow but it looks pretty. I can connect to the
remote site but it loads one file and freezes.

Nothing that works. Sad really. I don't need anything flash, just a tool
that goes using GLIB 2.

Cheers
John