[gftp] translations files (.po)

Hi,

when writing some code for gftp, I have to update the translation files
(.op)

I'm looking for a simple way of adding my newly added strings. I'm
currently doing it by hand edit. I hope there is a tool to auto add
non-translated _("stuff") to the .po file.

And another question will be, how could the .po be processed to a .gmo
file else than by launching msgfmt command on it ? should the Makefile
do it ? Is there a hidden-tip that I missed ?

at least, thanks for having read that.
Jo